Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 07:28 AM

Default set a record tonight.

i thought 81BB in 4.5 hours of play last month was bad. tonight i've dropped 117BB in 4 hours of 2tabling 3/6 6max. granted, the tables i chose to play on were huge LAG fests where 3bet isolation was standard with simply playable hands. the standard of deviation was way up there. i would assign 10-15BB of the loss to tilt. but it's very hard to assess exactly how much was lost due to it, despite my VP$IP faithfully hovering around 27.

what i lost in these four hours is about exactly what i've won this month so far in online play, so it's as if i didn't do any playing at all this month. i read in the HUSH forum that in someone's very regular playing over 2.5 years, their worst session was 130BB in 5 hours. i suppose after doing this myself for almost two years that a night like this was inevitable, especially with short handed games being the norm for me. i don't want sympathy or for others to commiserate with me. we all go through rough spots. this kind of thing has to happen at some point, right?

in big bets, what's the worst session you've had so far, and how long have you been playing for? i find solice in numbers that i'm not alone.