Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Final Table Aggression?

I don't normally post in forums but I thought I would see if you could comment / advise on the following hand from Saturday:

The final table of the $10,000 guaranteed tourney on Pacific Poker, we were down to 5 players from a starting field of 652. Blinds at this stage stood at 7,500 and 15,000.

I was on the button with 150,000 chips (approx numbers). Small blind had 250,000, big blind 220,000. First position was equal to me and there was a short stack in P2 with 50,000.

The action went fold, fold to me and I looked at the AsTs and raised it to 45,000 trying to steal the blinds. Small and big blind both smooth called.

With a flop of (5c 6h Td) both blinds checked to me and I decided to lead out for 30,000 with top pair, top kicker. The small blind then popped it up another 30,000 and the big blind folded.

I would welcome your input as to what you would have done in this situation.

PS: I decided to push all-in for my remaining 75,000 or so and ran into two Queens in the small blind, finishing fifth. The more I think about it in retrospect, the more I believe I should have folded and waited until the short stack in P2 busted out but I figured I wasn't there to score positions - just to go for the win. Anyway, your input would be very much appreciated.