Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: The evolution of the mid-high stakes forum

[ QUOTE ]
I get the impression that you consider the idea of a mixed strategy to be rather theoretical and not of much practical value.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

is just a more hand wavy way of saying that you would employ a mixed strategy of sometimes raising and sometimes calling with the same hand in the same spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that. There are two places to mix range your plays, on the offensive and on the defensive. You give the KQ example which was on the defensive so i took the majority of the time you do this strategy to be on the defensive, which is when i think it has very very little value because our opponents are playing so far away from perfect.

However, i still don't think the mix strategy will come to this board. This board is how to play one hand, we don't post 100 hand sessions or long history, only schiends does that with his 100/200 HU sessions which i think are great for the forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you don't mean that you'll either always raise the turn or never raise the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i did. There are just so many plain situations in which i have no reason to mix it up. I raise AA preflop. Big blind calls. flop comes Jxx. i get checkraised. There is pretty much never a reason to mix my strategy up here; never am i calling down and never am i raising the flop. The only time i will ever mix it up is if i do it and BB folds, the next time around or the next time after that he gets AK added to my range, which bluff theory wise would be over adjusting to his fold, since it's about 24 legit combos and 16 bluff combos in a roughly 4:1 bluff.