Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 10:30 AM

Default HP and the Goblet of Fire movie....Questions and Spoilers

I saw this today and have a couple of questions. I have never read the books if that matters, and it may explain the butchering of some names. I can handle science fiction and things that are unexplainable, but not holes that are unrelated to just being science fiction.

1. If i recall correctly there were more than just the 4 chosen from the goblet. So I assume the Goblet is supposed to be this smart entity to choose the best person from each school to compete. So why did it choose 2 from one school? Shouldnt it have just chosen Harry instead of choosing the other kid and then slow rolling Harry out.

2. Its obvious that Lucious is on the bad side, but now that Harry has officially seen him talking with Voldemort why doesnt he tell everyone? The ending should of had at least some mention of Harry telling Dumbledore he saw Lucious in cahoots with Voldemort.

3. If this triwizard thing would make you forever famous and was such a big ass deal then why in their first 3 years at the school was there no mention of it?

4. The greatest quidditch seeker in the world is a highschool kid?

5. At the quidditch world cup when all the death guys came what was that all about? Why did they come?

6. Unrelated to the movie itself. No cell phones in theaters or at least turnoff the ringer. I like this and most oblige to it. However, this one person in one of the front rows very often would open up the phone and i think take pictures of the screen. It was bright and distracting. Forgetting the legal obligations towards copyrights should this be frowned upon as heavily as phones ringing in the theater?

Are all of these holes explained in the books?

rJ