Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: 5/10 i hate unraised pots

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People want to fold in a 3-handed pot?? Please play at my table. SB is at least betting any A, 2, 3, 4, 5, pocket pair or flush draw and maybe a lot more hands than that. We are ahead of most of those hands and we have outs. Plus most of the hands we fear might have raised preflop to isolate the limper. Remember this guy is getting 3-1 to bet two cards leftover from a Mille Bornes deck. Any outs he may have are just gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're seriously underestimating how passive people are at 5/10. This flop would get checked to UTG like 75% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

No. In an unraised pot, people take stabs. That means they take stabs with absolutely nothing (we have had some threads about doing this, and a lot of TAGs like to do it), and they also will bet with virtually any piece of the board. They cannot try to check raise, as they have no indication that anyone will bet. That means, as StellerWind said, they are betting As (note, they probably don't have A9+, as they woulda raised preflop), any 2 (there are a ton they could have, completing from the SB), any 4 (also, a ton they could have), a gutshot (with a 3, they won't always bet, but a good portion they will), a 5 (we have 2 of em, so it isn't that likely, but it could happen), or a flush draw. They could also be betting absolutely anything else. UTG is not likely to be ahead of us, and SB may, or may not be, but more often than not, I think he is behind.

I still don't understand folding here. I love that StellarWind is on my side, because with him on your side, you virtually can't be wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].