Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

To add my 2 cents:

I'd consider two options on the flop:
1. pot it up front, fold to a raise, bet 2400 on the turn, fold to a raise, check the river, read the player to see if I should call the river bet or not.

2. Check/rz pot on the flop. Means I'll have put 3K in there. After that, I shrivel up into my shell and check down.

I don't really like option two because I only have one shot to win the pot - the 3K effort on the flop. After that, I can be bluffed out by anyone. Still, I think this will work 70% of the time, you'll be behind 20% of the time and end up folding. You'll be ahead 10% of the time and end up folding.

As you played it. CALL HIM DOWN!!!!!!!!!! River bet? CALL CALL CALL!!! But before you do, stare him down, grab three yellow chips (yellow is worth $1k) and lean across the table and whisper, "You know, sir, I AM a calling station." and then toss your chips into the pot. There is also the optional "MUAH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA" to be used at your discretion.