Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2005, 05:27 PM

Default WSOP Xbox game - Future Donkeys of the World

My co-worker let me borrow a rented version of that WSOP Xbox game last night.

Holy Shinola! Now I think I know why Chris Ferguson promotes the game, to teach the young breed of poker player that it is correct to call allins with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

It is supposed to be set up like the actual 2005 WSOP with 5600 players, 9 days of poker, 10,000 chips starting stack, etc..

So I am kind of jazzed to break up my 14 hour a day online limit grind with this cheesy video game. I figure I can donk it up, reraise with air, all the usually fun stuff.

So I start playing and it turns out that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER is built to be a total donkey! It was the worst play I have ever seen, even worse that your normal $1$2 NL game.

I figure if I want to win the thing, I better play pretty tight. Fold after fold after fold, I started to realize that the garbage hands I was folding were ALL hitting the board strong. So I switched it up and started playing every hand.

I finished 2nd and won $7 Million fake bucks.

Do you think this is a conspiracy set up by Ferguson to teach kids how to play like donkeys? Hmm....