Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Just Back From Three Days At Luxor

I just returned from three days playing 2/4 at Luxor. I played about 20 hours and had a profit of $60. While this is not spectacular, it beats losing. Played in a marathon game with seven Germans, a Canadian, and another American. The Germans played very aggressively so there were a lot of capped pots. I was down about $70 after five hours or so. I played tight aggressive and managed to trap the Germans in several big pots. The game was made interesting by the other American, who occassionally posted a live straddle. To make a long story short, after 16 hours, I ended up with a small profit. The last day of my stay was highlighted by a short session where I flopped quad fives. I raked a big pot and earned a $20 high hand bonus. As usual, the other players were very friendly. The drink service was quite fast as it usually is at Luxor. Many of my favorite dealers like Jeff, George, Michael, and Vito were still around. I recommend Luxor for people who want a nice poker room where the competition is not too tough.