Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 03:40 AM

Default 4$ challenge

i hit a good stride, and went up 450 in three days.
then i hit a bad stride, and lost all but a hundred of that, it happens, and i play mostly to get better, and donot live off my earnings.
I decided i needed a poker break, clear the mind tilt, come back fresh, so i withdrew all but for 4 dollars on AP and figured i would play a couple sit-n-gos, which i suck at, and come back in a week. had a appointment, i started before the office opened up

the only sit-n-go i played 2$+.20 i think, i won.
then i lost all 4 dollars of that playing .10/.20 limit, which i found harder than the 2/4$ LH

long story short .10nl
minimun buy in is 4$, and i think i had 4.82
4 became 8, 8 became 16, 16 became 32, 32 became 64
for a grand total of 75 dollars, in about 7 hours because i didnt work last night.
ever time i made 12 on the table i would switch tables, and then start over with 4 dollars. and it was fun, and no stress, because the most i could get took for was 4$.

noone cusses anyone, people laughed off the bad beats, people were impressed with bluffs when you showed them.

here were my rules:
i could only raise if i was raised pre flop holding kk or aa
and i wouldnot raise with anything but kk or aa
i could only chase runner runner for a minum bet of .10
and i would call with every suited ace for the min bet.

i only lost the 4$ buy in twice, once when my str8 never came, and i allin-it for an additonal 2.50, and got called
and another when my Qhigh flush met a Ahigh flush

wanna shake off your bad beats, try my challenge, see if you can beat 10$hr @ .10nl