Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Rate this play ...

10 person home tournament. It was still the first round of blinds, 25-50. Most people had about 2500 in chips or more. I had 1200 before this hand.

I get a 6-6 UTG. I limp in for 50. UTG+1 makes it 100 because he doesn't want to make change. New Guy makes it 300 to go. Old man calls, he could have anything including 2-7s. Another decent player calls, I put him on some kind of suit connector, he would have raised with anything better. SB ponders a call/all-in for a minute or so. He finally calls, I think he has something like a K-J. BB folds. Then its back to me. Do you fold this hand right now? I don't think calling is an option with this many players and my chip stack. I felt the only player with a strong hand was the New Guy, I put him on an AK. So I felt that left a lot of dead money in the pot if I were to move all-in. I have 1150 left after limping and there is now 1700 in the pot.

I make the move and push all-in. All fold except the New Guy who turns over his AK. He hits the K on the flop and I'm done. I felt good about the play even though the results didn't work out. Any thoughts?