Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: A9s - Rivers top two

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise pot here and call his push. If he has 35 then I make a note and win my money back later. If he is this passive with a set then make a note.

Looks to me like villain made more mistakes in this hand than you unless he holds A9, A&, or AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are dead on here.......I should have raised preflop....but I didn't. The benefit of that is that my hand is disguised...he's almost certainly not putting me on an ace. That's the first thing to consider. The second thing to consider is that he was calling me with something on this flop....and unless it's an improbably straight draw which I think is highly unlikely, he almost certainly had a piece of that board, either a flopped two pair that he slowplayed, or something that just rivered an aces up hand, or a flopped set. I almost never see a set slowplayed up to the river...I think he'd raise the turn with a set.

That leaves us at basically aces up, or at very worst someone who's an idiot with AK or something and thought it *might* be good. I was so surprised by the raise that I just called it here in the heat of the moment, and I did it rather quickly. The debate was never whether to call or fold, but I instantly took the passive approach here and called....I think I should have reraised here. He's always calling with 2 pair, and if he slowplayed a set that long, then well-played on his part and he's got me. I think he calls with a worse 2 pair WAY more often than he has a set just by how the hand went down.

I flat called the raise, he showed Ace 7, and MHIG. I think i lost a ton of value here and it's something I need to work on. I need to think about my decisions a lot more before I make some of these, especially important decisions in big pots.