Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Defense against LAGgy rush?

This past week I have been pounded, I mean POUNDED into the ground by the table maniacs. These are the players that seem to push with everything and hit with everything. You know who I'm talking about.

Now my problem has been a combination of bad beats, second best hands, missing flops, cards of ice, and somehow always running into AA when I call with AK after he pushed for the seventh straight hand.

I'm frustrated to say the least. I've told myself time and time again just wait around for a hand, let the guy run over the table, then get all you're chips in and double up. It just hasn't happened yet. I'm going backwards. I understand the probability principle that every hand is an isolated event. Not seeing it, but I understand it.

Now to my question (forgive the rant but I needed to steam), what is the best defense here? What do you personally do when you just can't seem to crack the table maniac? Keep trying? Cool it for a bit? Move tables?