Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Playing vs LAg and LP\'s

This post is 2 questions.
When playing in a 6 max game that contains 1 or 2 very loose aggressive players, I know it's better to tighten up and punish these players when your hand connects. However, since these guys are betting and raising with literally any 2 cards and are also quite happy to follow through with their madness to the river, do you just accept that your bankroll is going to undergo huge swings and and play your more marginal hands, such as TPTK more agressively than you normally would. Would you commit more chips than you normally would against a very big show of strength after the turn with that hand or would you just try and get all of your chips in on the flop with TPTK.
If not would you give up strong but not monster hands on the flop, waiting for a real big hand to punish those opponents?

Vs. very loose passive players, would the correct startgey be similar to the one for LAG's? If not what modifcations should be made.

I guess I'm asking these questions because over the last 20k hands that I've played I've lost most of my winnings of the last year to these type of players. I purposely look to play in games that have these types of opponents in them. I only see about 25% of flops, raise pre-flop about 6% of the time, and win about 30% of pots that I enter. I seem to get drawn out a lot and also seem to be committing a lot of chips with TPTK, which I beleive to by positive EV hands vs. these type of players. However, it has not been positive EV for me as I'm a big loser in 1 pair hands that I'm taking to the river.

Thanks guys.