Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
then why aren't you raising the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, because I have no idea what he has yet? I'm completely lost on the flop, but just folding is too weak. So I call and evaluate the turn. If he leads into me for a healthy amount, which I don't see anything doing that I am beating, I fold. If he checks and tells me I am weak, I am reassured I have the best hand. Now I can bet and feel safe about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the difference in actions between the flop and the turn is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I am confused as hell. I don't know what to think. I don't want to invest a lot of money into this pot right now, a lead like this is usually a big hand IMO. I'd rather slow down, call, and evaluate turn.

On the turn, he checks, I am sure he is weak and I have the best hand. Giving a free card is awful if I am sure he is behind.

[ QUOTE ]
Then one of the WORST cards hits, and now all of the sudden he wants to "protect" his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The check has a lot to do with this. I don't think this is one of the worst cards, either. Again, I do not put Villain on a random Queen, lol. That's absurd to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Are we way ahead of QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. QJ is NOT likely here, though, mate. Perhaps on Party, but not on Stars, at least from what I can see. We need TWP, xorbie, soah, fsuplayer and all of the other players much better than I to come in and regulate.