Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Need help figuring Pot Odds for someone (me) who is Math Challanged

I didn't know if to post this here, or in the MTT forum, since this is more of a problem I have during tournaments.

Okay here goes, I've read some books out there, but all they do is leave me scratching my head.

I tend to be a more visual person, and the one DVD I've seen, helped a lot, but I've never been very good with Math period.

How does someone who is math challenged, figure on the spot, if something is worth calling, based on pot odds, especially when one is heads up with just one other player (in other words, I raised, he re-raised, everyone else folded, or even where I simply called a large BB, he raised, and everyone else folded to me, and in both cases, I'm the last one to act)??

I have thought I had figured it right, until just the other night, were someone corrected me, that I really didn't have the pot odds I thought I had, but I couldn't be sure if they were right, because math (especially complex math) isn't my strong suit, nor has it ever been.

Are there any books (DVD's would be even better) out there, that explain the theory of pot odds, in SIMPLE easy to understand terms, that even someone who is math challenged, can understand?