Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Moving to 1/2, AK and some other things

Well first off, I will tell a little bit of my background of my poker playing history. If you dont want to to read this just skip down to my question. I started playing about two years ago and played the .10/.25 NL tables for about a week and thats all it took for my bankroll to diminish. So I decided to give it another shot but this time with limit. So I made a few bucks, lost a few but overall I was up about 1.2BB/100 over 10k hands. Thats when I found 2+2 and started purchasing poker books. I knew there was some major leaks in my game so I sought to find them and remove them. So I did and increased my BB/100 to about 2/100 then I got the great idea of moving up to 1/2 and immdiately dropped 50BB so I dropped back down to .50/1 and started adding some $6 SNGs into the mix. I was doing much better at the SNGS so I stuck with them for awhile and eventually moved to the 10s where I had a huge hot streak and increased my bankroll from 200 to 500 in about 4 days 2-tabling. Then I hung around 500 for about 2 weeks then ran very very cold and dropped back down to 300. I didn't know what made me switch to NL and PL .10/25 again but I did and made a few bucks and thought I was the greatest player ever until I lost about 100BB then proceeded to tilt away another 200BB before I quit. I let a little time go away to get over this and then switched back to .50/1 limit to where I am at now and have also read SSHE twice and am currently on my 3rd read of it. I think limit is where I will stay and is where I do my best. Currently I am at 3.41BB/100 over 27k hands exclusively at only Party .50/1. Now to the first question should I move up to 1/2 and dip my feet in it for a little or continue staying at .50/1 where I feel very comfortable. Also I have noticed that there arent many 1/2 full ring games going on that often but I do see some 9-max. Is there any difference and should I change my play? Finally the last question is about AK. This must be a major leak in my game as I am NEGATIVE .02 BB/100 over 110 hands. Here is how it usually goes. Raise PF bet raggedy flop get a caller check turn and he checks behind, he bets turn and I fold Ace-high. Should I be betting the turn here or just check like I usually do? Now I dont ALWAYS continuation bet with it when I miss but I would say that I do around 80-85% of the time and the opponents fold somewhere around 15-20% of the time. Am I just running cold with it or am I playing it wrong? I haven't even paired with it for over 15 hands straight according to PT so maybe thats one reason why. Anyway sorry for this rambling as I am trying to get this done in a hurry before I have to run out for a little. Thanks for all the help.