Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Playing Poker Stars Satellites

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are if I have slightly more than 1000 chips near the end of the rebuy period, you can do one of two things.

1) Huck your chips in the middle and hope to double up
2) Huck an amount of chips in the middle so that I have exactly 1000 chips so that I can rebuy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually choose #1 and start going all in with every hand when there is 5min to go and I have a small stack.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you do this in a $11R Turbo where the top prize is only $215? If you go broke and then double rebuy twice using this strategy and then add on, you're in for $70, and it's doubtful you have more than 6000 chips at the break. Even with this stack you're probably still going to have to win at least one coin flip and maybe a 70/30 or 2, to get the seat, and the blinds may increase to 6k/12k or 10k/20k at exactly the wrong time for you.

Also, it's not like putting those extra 4k chips or whatever on your table is going to mean anything, since the tables close so quickly, and 20 minutes later 4k would be nothing anyway.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but intuitively, it seems like if you average putting $51 into these things, you're not going to make much money at all in them.