Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: (results)

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I play bad. It's enough to drive someone to limp reraising :P

Hand 1: I reraised to $250. He folded. I think call/leading is best?

Hand 2: I reraised to $250. He called. Turn was blank, I checked he pushed for ~$200.

This is a clear fold, now, I think (though I unaccounably called in fact). Presumably I should either fold, or call/lead?

Anyone considering checking the flop here?

Hand 3: I just called, with the intention of getting a safe turn before proceeding. In fact the turn was the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check called ~$50 on the turn (I had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) and he checked behind with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river.

Sigh...

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you won the first hand I think folding is best, you probably got him to lay down qq or aj, something like that. The thing is, if you call, you haven't defined his hand and theres a ton of cards that will kill your action on the turn forcing you to check and possibly make a mistake if he bets again. Just all sorts of bad things happen calling that flop raise imo. You also can't push because there are so many draws that are actually beating us here, its just a total crap spot for kk.

Hand 2 is too read dependant, but I think I might call his min raise and check the turn and see what he does.