Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2005, 01:09 AM

Default What is your worst kind of tilt?

If I'm tilting hard after a downswing, I'll sometimes catch myself settling for what I know is a coinflip in the early levels of a SNG or just making a dumb move in general. The kind of move you'd say "oh, that guy's tilting or he's a total donk". I usually have no problem stopping for the night after I do something stupid like this.

But, my worst kind of tilt is when I'm not on a terrible streak (6-8 OOTM for example) but still feeling a little down about my game, and catch myself not being able to pull the trigger on the bubble. This is the kind of tilt that I really hate. I feel like if I just can slide into the money I'll feel better about my B.R. It's not even like I need my B.R. for anything outside of poker, or that my life depends on it in anyway, I just get really protective of it and I know it hurts me in the long run.

I'm really working on stopping this after I catch myself doing it, but sometimes I'll keep playing which I know is hurting my ROI (amongst other things).

Feel free to make suggestions (even if I've heard them a million times before), or just share what your worst type of tilt is.