Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Hurray for Kansas. A victory for liberals!

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like we agree on 90% of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]

I personally like the intellectual stimulus of ID debate and the science that is involved. I do think that the people who are pushing ID in the schools are doing it for, as another poster put it, "theo-political" reason which I think is intellectually dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again agreed. Although most of the scientific debate is more along the lines of "those idiots....".

[ QUOTE ]

I have no problems with a teacher in a science classes stating some holes or inconsisancy in the Darwinian theory and then ending a lesson by saying, "There are other theories that state that life on earth is too complicated for the Darwinian evolutionary model and these people believe a theory called Intelligent Design, see me after class if you would like a reading list of ID books..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with debating thories in a classroom setting. I have a big problem with school boards mandating religious alternative theories in a science class.

[ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with this, even in a science class...Teaching the Darwinian model as infallible is just a s wrong as teaching ID as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that it's a theory indicates that it's not infallible. But it's what we have now from a _scientific_ perspective.

[ QUOTE ]

Now, if you are using the term "Puritans" as a euphamism for "Ignorant Bible Thumpers who want to impose a theocracy". I will agree... But the real puritans were not such people...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I meant. I spoke in the present tense.