Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Default 5/10 Deep with KK line check

5/10 6-max

Villain 1 is short and unremarkable.
Villain 2 has been eating me for breakfast. He is real aggro preflop and pretty aggro postflop and almost certainly is never folding top pair Vs me, due to him catching me bluffing about 1 million times. I have played back at him several times, and he has never folded to a reraise, and I have never hit a flop in such cases, and have given up or bluffed Vs his made hand a whole bunch. He is real loose preflop, but he normally makes a smallish raise preflop, and then if he has an ok hand he bets kinda half-pot and then proceeds to check/call inducing bluffs (with TP type hands regardless of kicker). If he has a real hand then he tends to try to push it real hard postflop on multiple streets.

Hero has 2.7k is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain is UTG and covers
Shorty is UTG+3 with 300

Preflop
Villain opens to 50 ... this is bigger than normal, and out of character. It must mean a biggish pair of some sort. Hero smooth calls. Shorty pushes for 300 total, villain smooth calls .... now, I almost pushed here figuring to take shorty on for a 900 pot with a hand that figured to be good, but I didnt - should I push here? Hero calls

Flop (900 or so)
Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Just about the worst possible flop. So much for my nicely laid trap. Villain bets 400, and I beligerently call (who folds here?).

Turn (1700)
7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets 1200, hero folds.

So, should I push pre flop ... and should I fold the flop given that I didnt ?