Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Johnny Cash\'s \"Hurt\"

Been thinking about this a lot recently -

I think it's the greatest music video ever made - and I honestly think Johnny Cash looked Elvis straight in the eye and said "Boy, you may be the King right now, but I bet the crown would look good on my head too" - and I think he took it -

I remember actually WATCHING the MTV Video Awards that year to see him make a speech, but he only won a couple awards and that pnumenonia kept him in the Hospital during the award's show...

I wonder what he would have told this generation - Even the hardcore rappers admit he WAS the Original Gangster - (shot a man in reno just to watch him die) -

I'm gonna go get some money off the credit card to go pay some bills before the 15th, and then I'm gonna go get his first Rick Rubin Album (I had it for awhile and lost it before it got burned) and maybe I'll get some other stuff too.

I know he was a grizzled old bastard who was hanging on those last years, but he was taken from us too soon - his replacement wasn't trained - LOL - This Country needs a Johnny Cash.

RB