Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Having to regroup..suggestions..advice...motivational words...

What's going on guys. I mainly lurk in this particular forum(MTT regular) but I have recently taken up SH poker instead of my usual 15/30 full ring games.

I began playing short handed again about a month ago. I've always considered myself a good HU/SH player in limit, and NL. I jumped right into 3/6 SH and ran at about 2bb/100 through 15K hands. And immediately jumped right into 5/10SH.

In 5/10SH I was running at about .75bb/100(not fabulous I know) through my first 16K hands when the whole world has fallen apart. I'm not trying to post any bad beats, or any woe is me stories...but I seriously am completely clueless as to what happened to my game. It just doesn't make any sense.

In my last 6200 hands I am down 230bb. My VPIP and PFR are very close to being unchanged. My W$SD is only slightly down(still above 50%) and my WTSD% is only 1-2 points lower.

Regardless.

Tomorrow, I move back down to 3/6 to try and work on my game. It seems silly, because I know I can beat 5/10...but I'm obviously missing something. Does anyone have any kind of advice for me? What sorts of things usually cause big down swings like this? I thought about taking a few days away from poker, but I really don't think it's really effecting my play, I've been a successful player for about 5 years(mostly SNG and MTT) and I'd like to think I'm fairly tilt proof.

Anyways. I know alot of you have been through 300bb+ downswings. What kind of time frames were these in? What did you work on in order to get out of the funk? Help, for I am officially humbled.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]