Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Civ4 - Review & Trailer

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this. Looks good, but is there any way to speed up the gameplay? I don't care for the animations and I'm sure some of the pauses could be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search for the civ thread I started, after this one was made. There are a few tips there. You can edit most of the settings in notepad, like a regular .ini file. Just be sure to save it in notepad txt form of course. Also, under options in the game, both before you start and when the game is really going, you can adjust all kinds of things, visual, speed wise, etc.

That's one cool thing about the game, you can mod the hell out of it without really knowing jack. Like if you want an age to go faster or slower(say you want to spend more time in ancient before rushing up to modern), well, you can do that. You can do a lot with it.

I'm having fun with the game, but I have to admit the combat model disappoints me and I wish it weren't so rudimentary. But I think cultural, diplomatic, and domination, and space race victories are all fun. Military I just kinda put up with.

Oh, and I still suck at it. Some of these guys on the civ boards stepped into it and achieved mastery almost immediately because they've been playing the old civ games for so many years now. This is a game with a ton of stuff to learn about, so it'll be a long time till I'm even halfway decent, if I even get that far.

I've been playing everything standard, but might try for some quick games too. Sometimes an hour or two sounds pretty cool but five or six hours sounds lame.