Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Do I have a legit beef with PartyPoker here? What should I do?

Ok, heres the situation: $850 MTT sattelite to the Euro Open. The Lobby states: "1 Euro Open package for every 10 players. Any extra money will be paid to the next 3 places(50%,30%,20%)."

17 people enter. Well when the tourney starts, the prize pool looks like this: "1st: $6800, 2nd: $4080, 3rd: $2720." No mention of the euro open at all! It looks like they just divided it up 50/30/20. However, there were over 10 people entered.

Now, if I had gotten 2nd or 3rd place, I wouldn't have cared at all because I would make out better in the new situation. However, if I got 1st or 4th place, the older one would've been better(1st would've gotten an $8000 trip and 4th would've gotten something, which of course is better than nothing).

Well, I got first.

Now, I don't really care all that much about the trip. In fact, I would prefer the $8000 in cash, and then I can make the decision for myself on whether or not I want to go, and if I do go, I don't have to wear that crappy PartyPoker gear at the table.

The bigger question I guess is whether I would prefer $6800 or a trip and entry into a tourney worth $8000. I'm not positive, but I think I'd prefer the trip.

FYI, it breaks down like this: $5000 for the tourney entry, $1500 spending money, and a hotel stay worth $1500. I would have to finance my own travel.

So anyway, I come here for help. Here is the order of my preferences:

1. $8000 cash(by far, my 1st preference)
2. the trip and tourney entry
3. $6800 cash(#2 and #3 are fairly close)

So what should I say to PartyPoker in email?