Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Help with short-handed play at Absolute (general stuff)

Starting today I'm going to begin regularly posting some hands to the HUSH forum. But beyond that, I think the problems I face may be more general and fundamental.

Over the past month or two, I've been pretty successful playing in the short 2/4 and 3/6 games on Absolute Poker. Calling down aggro players who bet each street with ace-high, stealing blinds and picking pots up on the flop. I've been raising from the CO with hands like T8s and 22 and A3 ...

What worked in the past has become less effective. Absolute's table selection is relatively slim, and you see the same good players all the time. I think I've been pegged as a LAG, if not a straight out fish. Hands have become more aggressive when it's me and another regular, except I find myself gunshy on the later streets.

I think one thing I need to do more of is avoid the better players. That shouldn't be hard to do, but there's a lot of three- and four-handed play. I also need to adjust better when a table fills from three- to six-handed.

I don't really want to give out my screen name, because you see the same people all the time, though maybe that's just silly on my part. Any general thoughts on the state of the games there and adjusting?

My frustrations may also be variance -- the beats have been tough lately, though the aggression from better players is consistent.

Open to any thoughts or comments, esp. people who play there...

Also, I'm not a big stat guy but is anyone willing to look at some VPIP and all that I've got?

ElSapo