Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Quick $500 Foxoods report

1200+, a record for a $500 buy-in (according to the tourney director). Mass confusion, trying to work 2 rooms and 120 tables. Terrible dealers, as the Blackjack dealers had to be summoned to deal in the tourney - so bad that the players had to tell the dealer what to do on almost every hand. Multiple all-ins and side pots? Forget it.

I finished in the 400-500 range, playing well for the most part, but my AJo got cracked by A6h with a runner-runner flush, then I made a great read on a J92 board that my pp6 were good and the guy sucked out on me (had QT). Finally, got a good read on the chip leader (from what I can see) that he was trying to make a move on an unraised 554J board and I check-raised him with 23s. He re-raised me and I had to muck, when he showed 8To. So, I made the right read, but he made a better one. (so much for not sharing my bad beat stories)

Cash games the night before were incredibly loose. Played 4/8 and 1/2 NL. I got called on an all-in in NL where my KK ran into...JQo (but held up). Just sat around and waited for hands b/c I knew they'd get paid off.

All-in-all, a good experience, but the tourney was almost too big (though if I won the top prize of $160,000, I don't think I'd mind the size).