Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: txag007: Bible content 1

[ QUOTE ]
Before I explain what the Bible says about slavery, though, I want to make an important point about Christianity. There are certain laws given to the Hebrews in the Old Testament that we, as Christians, are no longer bound to today because of the sacrifice of Jesus in the New Testament. Think of it this way: God is completely, 100% holy. He, by definition, is good. He is so good that one has to be completely "clean" or holy to even be in His presence. Obviously, no one can accomplish this, thus the sacrifice of Jesus. In the Old Testament, however, certain laws given to the Hebrews were intended to keep them "clean". (Not eating pork, etc). Slavery is not one of these laws, but I wanted to make this important point anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting completely crazy. I think this forum simply can not be titled "Science, math, philospohy" with so many posts and threads look like this one. It's an embarrassment for all: Science, Math AND philosophy.

Call it "Christians discuss The Bible in a simplistic way" forum and that's it. You are insulting your own intelligence with these discussions, people. It's really sad.