Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2005, 12:34 PM

Default How often is this an Ace?

Villain is tight and hasn't gotten out of line. In general, this table is tight-passive, but Villain hasn't played enough hands yet for me to have an opinion on whether he's passive or aggressive post-flop.

I know he'd do this with hands that are beating me, but whether it's reasonable to call down or not depends on how many hands I'm beating that he would do this with. I'm a bit skeptical about AA-QQ, as I think that an ordinary player would've 3-betted preflop with them. I'm leaving AK/AQ in because a lot of players in this game will just call with those hands here. There aren't very many hands with a 6 in it that he could have, so I'm not that worried about a 6.

With 3.75 BB in the pot and it costing me 2.5 more to call down, I need to win this pot like 27% of the time to break even. Against the rather limited range (AA-77, Axs, AT+), I have almost exactly this. If he'll do this with garbage, I have an easy call.

All opinions welcome.

Crypto 1/2.

Hero is in MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folded to hero who raises. Folded to BB who calls.

(4.5 sb, 2 players) Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks. Hero bets. BB raises. Hero folds.