Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

[ QUOTE ]
Thing is, we could have had a very cool discussion about all this, but unfortunately, Hobbes turned it into a showdown at the OK corral

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we were all happily in agreement until mean 'ol Hobbes came along and spoiled the fun.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no more burden of proof to demonstrate my skills, training or experience than Hobbes has to demonstrate his

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that you asserted that you've "studied this stuff" and concluded with "nuff said," therebye arguing that your expertise was sufficent to end all debate.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to leave this thread with one piece of advice for Snowball: resolve to be this girl's FRIEND. Be the coolest friend in the world, but do NOT attempt to seduce her, or to do "date" things. Refer to her as your "buddy." Do friend stuff. Hang out, go dancing, shoot pool, whatever. Ask her about other women you're interested in. DATE other women (hanging with a hot girl will give you mad value in other women's eyes). Above all, don't expect to ever do the nasty with her.

Don't be surprised, though, if one night, out of the blue, she attacks you. You can decide what to do about that if and when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible advice. Resolving to be "friends" with a woman you are overwhelmingly attracted to will lead to frustration and unhappiness. You can't put aside these feelings, and you will be reduced to having a dishonest relationship with her because your attraction will always be in competition with your friendship.

Say your new "friend" wants some dating advice. Now how honest are you going to be able to be with her? Can you really be fully supportive as a "friend" when she brings Biff over to meet you?

Besides, befriending a woman in hopes that she may one day "decide to jump you" is fundamentally dishonest. Also, our expert friend here, who has decided to put me on ignore, should be aware that women know all about this sneaky little tactic. My wife calls men who pull this stunt, "Snakes in the Grass."

But, hey, what do I know? I haven't "studied this stuff."