Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Arabs, Jews, and Cheeseburgers...........

Well, you know I once posted that neither of them were worthy of the land and that the best solution would be if they killed each other off. So I'm not unaware of the depredations of the Palestinians. I was not a great fan of Abba Eban, but his mot that "the Palestinians never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity" is right on the button.

But your assessment that the "Arabs" had 900 times the land is not relevant. That would be like telling the Cherokees that the Indians have 900 times the land, why do you have to live right here? They had a nexus with that land for a long time.

Also, Jews historically fared much better living among the Arabs than they did among Christians. The Jews that were rioted against in Palestine were the Zionists, who claimed that the Palestinians didn't exist. Zionism was needed because of European and Russian oppression, not Arab.

The one sentiment in your post that I agree with, and I think it's the crucial point, is: "Time to move on, guys." That's why I was glad when Arafat departed from the scene and will be glad when Sharon does too. Hopefully there will be a new generation of leaders on both sides that are ready to move on. It's been long enough, hasn't it?