Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: So i get this email from partypoker......

Firefox works fine, Version 9.3 software works fine, however accessing our site with IE can create problems right now. There are no cookies, it's the IE history that's the problem. As far as we know, you can't automatically disable it. We are working on this. For now, you can go to Tools, Options, Clear History and you'll be fine.

This only applies to those that are interested/are currently customers. For those that want to respect the former phone sex line operators (it's a fact) decisions that's fine with us, this message isn't directed at you.

So I don't have to post again, let me argue the T & C thing now, someone will bring it up.

T & C's are a guideline, not a legal binding agreement. The T & C could say that they could clear your bank account for $10,000, most people wouldn't read it and just click "accept". Then is it legal for Party to take $10,000 from everyone? No. The T & C could say anything (we'll kill your dog) that doesn't make it binding. It's just supporting evidence if there is ever a court case. It doesn't change the law. If Party ever becomes legal in the United States, there will be a lawsuit. We looked into suing them in US courts but considering they wouldn't show, it's kind of pointless (except to set a precedent if they ever do become legal).

So some people respect Party's decision, some don't. The above is just an alternative for those that don't. Some could say, "if you don't like the rules, don't play on the site" and many have taken that route. The other option is to break the rules, which people do everyday (speeding, playing online poker in the US, etc).