Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 04:15 AM

Default 5-10 deep bottom two hand

5-10, loose passive game, 6 - 8 way flops or 3 - 5 way raised. I'm playing/running well and getting a lot of respect from the table. An unremarkable player opens in EP for $30, MP ($2000) calls, several call, a TAG solid player ($4000) calls, I cover and call in the BB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP is weary of me as I stacked his overpair earlier with a flopped set, check/call flop, check/raise turn style. There is a mutual respect between me and the TAG, we joke and talk and generally stay out of each others way...

Flop ($150ish) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, MP bets $80, TAG calls $80, I check-raise to $250, MP thinks and calls, TAG shoots me a concerned/confused/interested glance and calls.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, MP checks, TAG bets $400. I hesitate, think for a while and really consider the possiblity of being beat here, but decide to call, because I know I certainly have MP beat and I want to try and see how TAG will react to my call and potential river cards (even though they may already be irrelevant). MP folds.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Action?

I'll post results/what I did later.