Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Weird Party $109 hand: TT UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
UTG (t3090)
Hero (t4290)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t150, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, UTG calls t150.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with this minraise nonsense? Are you hoping he re-pops you so you can lay down? Do you think he's folding? I don't get this play. Ever. And I'm seeing a lot of it lately.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (t825) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You DO have position here, and I might be tempted to bet this out.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (t825) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, UTG calls t150.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point of THIS min-raise? First of all, if he ever has a J, he's re-raising you, thus crushing your ability to make a hand. And with the pot at T1275, you think he's going to fold for T150 more?

[ QUOTE ]
River: (t1425) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t800</font>

Pot: t2375
UTG has t1690 left
Hero has t3540 left

Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, why the hell are you betting only T150 into what is now a T1425 pot? At least do something like 1/2 pot, something that actually helps you if he calls.

Secondly, he has happily let you off the hook by check-raising you. He either has a naked queen, a queen boat, or a flush.

At this point, you just have to re-pop him for all his stack. You have him covered, so worst case scenario you keep playing at T75-T150 blinds with T1,850 left.

Could you smooth call? Maybe, but it is so pathetically weak-tight that I would rather hang myself than do this. And if he has you beat, you deserve to lose your chips because you played like a donkey - you put yourself in a situation where you got 0 information about the player because of the minbets.