Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Hand from UB 100+9 last night

Here was a key hand from the UB 100+9 last night. I'm at work so I don't have the actual hand history, but I remember every detail of the hand. The blinds are 150/300, there are 32 players left, 20 get paid. The average stack is around 12k.

Relevant stacks: MP2(11000) Hero (8300)

Relevant reads: MP2 has been at the same table as me for 75-80 hands. Prior to this tournament I have never played with MP2, but Poker Tracker shows a VP$IP of 23% and a PFR% of 20%. I've watched this player raise a wide variety of hands from MP/LP when he's first to enter a pot. MP2 seems to play reasonable post-flop and hasn't had to show down many hands.

My table image: I've only played 2 of the last 20-25 hands, and I haven't shown down a hand in close to an hour. Both times I won. Once with a large PF raise with AKo and another time when I limped ont he button behind several limpers with QJs and made a half pot sized bet into a Q high flop. Other players reaction to me tends to make me believe my image is pretty tight and conservative, but both pots I took down I got comments from other players about how they 'should have called' or 'thought they had the best hand'. Not sure if that's anything but smoke, but potentially a few players may be wondering if they should look me up.

In this hand I'm in the BB, and the blinds are 150/300 with no antes. MP2 makes a standard opening raise to 900 and it's folded to me. I look down and see K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Pre-Flop: Hero has a reasonable hand vs a player who will raise with a wide variety. There is 1350 already in the pot and it's 600 to call. I debated moving over the top here, but I felt any reasonable over the top raise pretty much committed me to the pot, and I wasn't sure I wanted to play K9s for all my chips. I decided to go ahead and flat call and see a flop with my hand.

Flop comes: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pot is now 1950. Hero feels that this is a reasonable flop for him against a villian that potentially holds a wide variety of hands. I considered check-raising here, but villian had been making a lot of pot-sized continuation bets so any reasonable CR would commit me. I felt I had a decent shot of taking the pot down with a reasonable bet here, so I shot out 1200. Villian flat calls.

Turn card is a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero???

Comments on all streets please as well as turn action. I feel given my reads on MP2 that folding this PF would be a huge mistake, but besides that I feel I had a lot of different reasonable options here, and am curious what other 2p2ers would do.

-Rizen