Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Has HOH2 hurt anyone else?

[ QUOTE ]
You need to go and learn about variance in MTTs. They come back and read your post. You will be embarassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that this response would come up. I do understand that calling the sample size small is an understatement. I do know about variance.

The topic I'm trying to hit on here is not "I haven't cashed in awhile and Vol2 is to blame. I apologize if it came off that way. In the tournaments I have played lately I have had NO shot of winning, where before reading Vol 2 I always felt like I had at least a shot to contend. Now it seems like my hand is always going in when I'm an 80/20 dog due to me making a move with QJo or 67s once too many and running into a much much better hand. Doubling up with a solid hand is certainly easier than trying to double your stack with multiple steal attempts.

Overall I'm just becoming the player that the good players love to run into in the second hour of an online tournament. A maniac trying to run over the rest of the field without the cards to do so.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I will work my way through some of the MTT threads that were recommended for 'M'. Any more thoughts?