Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Tell me something about me that sucks.

It's a little hard to give advice to a player who is more experienced than oneself, but here are some quick thoughts. First of all, in spite of us being at the same table quite often, we have rarely tangled so my sample size is small.

In some of your posted hands there is a very high level of aggression sometimes in the middle streets especially. I often wonder if I am missing something strategy wise when I see these hands, but often others chime in with the same concern.

At the tables, (again small sample size) I have seen you ease up on the river when there is a real good chance you are ahead - seems to me there might be some value betting opportunities slipping through your fingers there.

I think there is a general statement about the 2+2 mid level players - we seem to gravitate to a particular set of "rules" and style of play. Observant players might have a better read on us than we think. As a result, I think we kill the action in some of our big hands because people know what to expect from us. I think we have to make an effort to make it more difficult for others to put us on a hand. I know this is a little inconsistent with my comment earlier about the aggression where I bet almost no one can figure out what you are doing.

As jeff says - hang in there - you are too good not to be a long term winner.

Oh ya - one more thing. I think many of the players want to go out of the way to impress you so they are at the top of their game when you are there. They are hoping for an invite over - might have something to do with your SN. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]