Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 PM

Default On the Bubble Play

I would like some comments concerning my play in this situation. The situatio is as follows:

Party $6 MTT SNG. We are down to the final six players. I am currently in 5th (2500 chips). There is one small stack below me (400). The 400 stack has tightened up and is hoping to limp into the money (5 places pay). The blinds are currently 100/200. The rest of the table has 4000 - 10000 in chips.

I am UTG+1, short stack folds to me. I have AQ h. I decide for a while and play the hand. Raise to 800 (been the usual size of my raise for this table). Fold to button, button calls (chip leader with 10000, and has been seen to make very loose calls). All other players fold.

Flop hits Q 4 7 rainbow. I push my remaining chips in the pot. Good push or bad?

Also, does it make sense to play AQ suited this way shorthanded. I figured this would be the best hand I would probably see and the blinds were coming again. In hind sight, I feel I probably should have pushed preflop.