Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Thoughts on Party 55s Since Split

I played the Party 55s for about 5-6 month before stopping in July to play NL cash games and MTTs. Since the split, I've gone back to $55s (I 10-table) and they seem a lot different. For example, I don't know how many times I will raise 3x with AK and have someone move in over the top with some crap pair like 44-55 when they aren't even shortstacked. I feel like Matusow when he said "the new players are donks who will take any pair and shove their chips in".

What changes have you guys noticed in the mid-upper level SNGs since the split? And what changes have you made in your game, if any, to combat these changes.

FWIW, I've kept my same strategy of playing tight early, only really looking for set or overpair opportunities to double and then getting aggro on the bubble. My % finish distribution for the first 5 places is 11%-14%-14%-12%-15%

I am usually very solid HU, but I think the tendency of people willing to gamble might hurt me HU b/c I'm aggro (as you should be) with the massive blinds. ROI is 9.71% in my first 250 SNGs since coming back, so I'm pretty happy, but primarily interested in hearing different strategies for playing these since the split.