Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Loved Ones Doubting you / hindering game

I strongly feel my playing ability is heavily connected with my emotional surroundings, issues ongoing within my family, my relationship with my fiance, each time a personal speedbump is encountered a setback on the tables is soon to follow. Naturally, the logical way to plug this leak would be not play under these stages of durress, but to be painfully honest; peaceful moments are few and far between. And my game is suffering immensely.

Cash-games and I just can't seem to get along, no one ever folds, capping with TP is useless when John Doe has made a deal with the devil for the last street, perhaps all of my recent NL tournament play has taken the bite out of my limit game, or else there's simply no explanation. As the beats continue my loved ones acceptance narrows, haven't had that big win in a while, faith lessens and my only calming mechanism is shuffling chips.

I've come to the conclusion my next $5,000 poker dollars will all be spent for SNG's, and small MTT's. Sick of the massive fields, tired of cash games, tired of live games, tired of online games, I just played about 30 hours of poker straight and quite honestly I'm tired of myself. On that note, gl.

and God bless.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]