Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2005, 04:54 PM

Default KQo and a monotone flop

Live 4/8 game at the River Rock in Vancouver. Fantastic game, there were a couple of aggros but most were loose and extremely passive (I had a guy call me down when he was holding the 2nd nuts, and seen others actually call river bets with their busted draws).

I have a tight image, as I have been really cold decked and played about 2-3 hands in the last 3 orbits. I open it up in MP1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Terrible CO and Button both cold-call, SB folds and BB calls. BB is one of the aggros, but he doesn't seem to know the right spots to be aggressive. In a previous hand the player on his immediate right bet, and he raised his straight draw facing the field with two cold and folding them all out. The other player 3-bets and this guy then caps it.

The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the BB leads out. I raise it and the CO and Button fold. BB then 3-bets and I call.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he bets and I call.

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he bets and I call.

Something about this hand didn't feel right, thoughts?