Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2005, 07:34 PM

Default QQ hand, Unexpected turn.

2/4 session at Pokerroom. I was running really well for about an hour and showing down good cards, but the MP2 only sat down about 20 minutes before this hand so who knows if he cares. MP2 seemed to be decent, if a little loose (but only because he was involved in more than his fair share of pots.) The table, on the other hand, was great; very loose and passive. So to the hand...

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
two folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, two folds, SB calls, BB folds

Flop: (9 SB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, MP1 calls, <font color="red"> MP2 raises </font>, Sb folds, <font color="red"> Hero 3-Bets </font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: <font color="blue"> (8 BB) </font> Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (two players) </font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, MP2 calls

River: (10BB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], <font color="blue"> (two players) </font>
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB (3/4 BB rake)

So I didn't really expect to hit my trips on the turn, and I kinda froze up. I think I am missing some value here. Should I try to c/r the turn or river? Or should I have called the flop and c/r the turn? This is my first posted hand so try and keep the flaming to a minimum.
Your thoughts?