Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

[ QUOTE ]

But again, what ever decision you make, I'll accept, and I think everyone should accept, because we all agreed that you take over.

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my analysis of the situation:

We have five teams, and the only one that's assured of being in the top 4 via the rules is ihardlyknowher's.

-- Goofball/dave44 are both in positions where if we finish out with forfeits they would win the tiebreakers by virtue of a scheduling hiccup, being scheduled against teams not in competition on Week 6 while raisins/bds were not. I don't like this.

-- raisins/bds: despite raisins' post, there's no support in the rules for deciding this based on head-to-head, and I think there's a good reason not to: not everyone played head-to-head.

That adds up to having to do tiebreaker matches, because there was no support for breaking tiebreaker ties in the original rules. That could add as much as two extra "weeks" to this thing before going to the playoffs.

In addition, at least one player potentially in the playoffs (and one of the missing Week 6 matches) has been banned.

Given all this, I'm in favor of a chop. For those who really want playoffs, you always have the option of matching up individually to play for part or all of your payout.

If this sort of thing is done again, I recommend finding a structure that lets eliminated teams wander off without screwing it up for everyone else. It would also be a good idea to be more organized from the start.