Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 3 - Four vs. Five
Batman (4) 102 57.63%
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (5) 75 42.37%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Utilizing names in color in MTT

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly because, as someone else pointed out, it will make people less likely to disagree with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do see this behavior in some people, I think that what people need to realize is that in order to become a good/great player they need to be able to think out and rationalize decisions for themselves. Some of our greatest learning as a species came from questioning universally accepted truths. (As diligent students it is our duty to always question "truths" - to gain further understanding for ourselves and to advance general knowledge.)

IMO, the real value of a forum is learning through interaction and learning the thought processes and variables to consider in various types of situations - not remembering that when x happens I should always do y, because as we know there are very few situations in poker where a certain action is always the best play.

That said, whether you grant colors or not - we will still be able to select which poster's content we deem worthy of our time.