Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Default I am going to conduct a little mtt experiment, need a little help

The last month or so has been one where I feel the cards and gambles has not been favouring me, I see it as a bad run.( There has offcourse been momentarely lapses of poor play or ill judgement too)
But I haver never learned so much about my own game and poker in general as I have this month. I have become a student of the game again and know and realize a thing or two about mtts and myself I previously was unfamiliar with.

I have decided to set aside a portion of my bankroll to play exclusively the stars 11 r.
1.I will always rebuy at once
2. I will double rebuy once if I bust
3. I will always add on
4. I shall only play on days when fit to throw in my A game
5. I shall devote all my attention to just the one tourney and not run multiple mtts or cash games on the side
Question is : how many tourneys will be a relatively decent number to see if I got what it takes with respect to finishes, in the money and ft.These tournaments do typically have between 500-1000 entrants and a nice mix of players on different levels skill wize from seasoned bignames to fishyfish

What I thought I would do is post what I feel was key hands and the thought process behind my plays once a week, to get some feed back. And also post what I believe has improved in my game when situations araise that are good for debate.

I believe I should get around to about 3 tournaments or so a week on average.

Then it should also be possible to say what can be considered a bad beat/ run and vice versa, and what was skillfull.

So somebody please give me my goal if I am what I think I am
How should I expect to do to call it winning play