Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Preflop minraise and a set of King\'s

Was going to make a poll out of this hand, but am not remotely confident enough of the answers to do so. Villian (MP3) is a big LAG and we both have about $130 or so. $1 BB.

1 EP limper, Villian raises to $3.20, Hero minraises from the CO seat with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], folds to villian who calls.

<font color="purple">I admit, I minraise sometimes in situations just like this. I am LP, I want to isolate a player and shut out everyone else from the hand. Rarely, but I do it. So many players do it at this level, that one coming from me probably isn't even noticed. Although, when I do it, it's usually with hands like this, not top shelf. Comments welcome on that.

Villian always raises to $3.20 preflop. Might be premium, might be 75s.</font>

Pot is around $14. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villian bets $14, Hero ???

--If he's bluffing, a raise knocks him out and prevents him from firing another unlikely, but possible barrel.
--If he has a worse piece than I do like AJ, KT, 88, I am WA and I don't want to blow him off his hand.
--If he's drawing with 2 clubs or QT, I want to raise him up.
--If I am WB to JJ, AK, or KJ, I'm probably destined to lose a bunch here.

What's my plan?