Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Default 3-6NL, AQo utg facing turn decision, maybe utterly boring.

600nl, the table seems to be playing fairly passively with a more than the normal amount of set miners. I would normally leave but there are two fish who will donate their (admittedly shortish) stacks with missed AK etc.

I'm UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and make it $24 to go. Sometimes I limp this but it's usually either fold or raise. Feel free to discuss.

One caller in MP ($750ish, I have him covered), someone who I have very few hands on, but my notes say "boring solid". I've been sitting for nearly 2 hours and think he's raised preflop maybe once in that entire time. I try to raise preflop and flop a lot, so may have a semi LAG image, although I'm pretty tight when it comes to playing big pots.

Flop ($57) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $40, MP calls.

Turn ($137) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I pause and bet $90, MP pauses for ages, then pops it up to $250 total, I have to call $160 to proceed.

My action? This is boring and obvious right?