Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Default 5/10 limit - Raising a semi-scare card w/ outs

5/10 limit, 10-handed. I post in the CO behind an MP2 poster. 2 limps to me and I check A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB completes and BB checks. I know SB/BB/limper to be a pretty good aggressive players, and MP2 is very weak.

Flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], checked to me and I bet, only SB folds. Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] putting a straight on the board. Checked to MP2 who bets, I raise, BB check-3-bets, limper folds, MP2 calls, I call.

How do you rate this turn raise? The board has tons of draws, which will call 2 big bets, and I have a very strong hand w/ a redraw. Turns out MP2 had a straight. Is the turn raise as obvious as I think it is?

As an aside, how many players raise preflop, trying to get HU against a tight UTG limper and a random hand that always calls?