Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Flopped a straight, slow played it and saved my self an early exit

Live tourny yasterday, $135 buy in, 120 players started doen to about 50. I have about 6,000 chips, blinds are 150/300. I am BB with 89c, the chip leader (huge stack limps in) so does the button, I checked. Flop comes 10c js and qc, I think "Bingo", I'm gonna get paid on the chip leader expense, I check, so do the two limpers. The turn comes kh, I did not feel good about this card, my straight is most likely no good anymore but still have the straight flush draw. I check, the big stack bets 800, the button folds, I think about it for a minute, should raise here? nah, if the river comes blank I'm dead maybe, so I just called. The river is blank, I check he goes all in, here I was sure he has the ace so I think about it for few seconds and then turn my cards and say, it sucks when you flopp the straight and lose, he goes "I flopped it too" and shows AKc!!! I was drawing dead on the flop and did not know it. Slow playing it saved my tournament. Everyone at the table said that they would have bet the flop and go broke, I felt good about the way I played it, what do you think?