Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that I really wanted to throw something at the screen all night.

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he played near world class in tonight's episode. I simply love the guy. I think he is underrated as a player and that his tantrums are hilarious, intentional, and good for the game of poker. Poker is better off not filled with touchy feely pussies. It's more interesting to me that successful players have inflated ego's, and that these egos are often of paramount importance to winning.

I simply put off Phil's antics to being part of his strategy and persona as a professional poker player.

ps - the KJ guy was a total douchebag the entire episode and a total donkey to boot.